Thursday, November 11, 2010
An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'
2. Go to bed on time.
3. Get up on time so you can start the day unrushed.
4. Say No to projects that won't fit into your time schedule, or that will compromise your mental health.
5. Delegate tasks to capable others.
6. Simplify and unclutter your life.
7. Less is more. (Although one is often not enough, two are often too many.)
8. Allow extra time to do things and to get to places.
9. Pace yourself. Spread out big changes and difficult projects over time; don't lump the hard things all together.
10. Take one day at a time.
11. Separate worries from concerns . If a situation is a concern, find out what God would have you do and let go of the anxiety . If you can't do anything about a situation, forget it.
12. Live within your budget; don't use credit cards for ordinary purchases.
13.. Have backups; an extra car key in your wallet, an extra house key buried in the garden, extra stamps, etc.
14. K.M.S. (Keep Mouth Shut). This single piece of advice can prevent an enormous amount of trouble.
15. Do something for the Kid in You everyday.
16. Carry a Bible with you to read while waiting in line.
17. Get enough rest.
18. Eat right.
19 Get organized so everything has its place.
20. Listen to a tape while driving that can help improve your quality of life.
21. Write down thoughts and inspirations.
22. Every day, find time to be alone.
23. Having problems? Talk to God on the spot. Try to nip small problems in the bud. Don't wait until it's time to go to bed to try and pray...
24. Make friends with Godly people.
25. Keep a folder of favorite scriptures on hand.
26. Remember that the shortest bridge between despair and hope is often a good 'Thank you Jesus .'
28. Laugh some more!
29 Take your work seriously, but not yourself at all.
30. Develop a forgiving attitude (most people are doing the best they can).
31. Be kind to unkind people (they probably need it the most).
32. Sit on your ego..
33 Talk less; listen more.
34. Slow down.
35. Every night before bed, think of one thing you're grateful for that you've never been grateful for before.
Thank you Mom, I really needed this.
Wednesday, November 3, 2010
Rinse the pumpkin seeds under cold water removing all strings and pulp.Place the pumpkin seeds in a bowl in a brine mixture. For each cup of seeds, add two cups of water and 2 tablespoons of salt.. mix well, then let it sit overnight. (this step is optional)
Rinse and drain the seeds.
Place on a sprayed cookie sheet and drizzle just to coat with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt, then place in a 325 degree oven for 25-45 minutes stirring every 10 minutes.
*cooking time can vary based on the size of your seeds and amount. Be sure to watch carefully as they can burn quick.
Remove from oven and place in an airtight container.
Here are a few optional seasonings to add before cooking for other flavors.
- garlic powder or garlic salt
- seasoning salt
- black pepper
- salt free seasoning blend, such as Mrs. Dash brand
- cayenne pepper
- seasoning salt
- Cajun seasoning blend
- chili powder
- Mexican style chili lime seasoning
- Italian seasoning or other herbs
- grated hard cheese such as Parmesan
- curry powder