Friday, November 28, 2008

Flash Back Friday - Christmas

Christmas Time - Clovis, Calif
1971
~
I love looking at old photos; there are time capsules, moments captured in time. Christmas has always been a magical time for me. My Mom would set the scene, the glow of the fireplace, the twinkling of the Christmas lights on the tree, I would lay under the tree and would listen to the bulbs, make a "dink, dink" noise as the bulbs would twinkle on and off. The colors would reflect off the tinsel, it was beautiful. We had wonderful memories of going down Christmas Tree Lane, going to Cobb Tree Farm to cut a tree, having a hayride and eating fresh pistachios by the fire. Christmas music would play all day and night, It was a big part of adding to the Memories. We would go the local True Value Hardware Store to pick up the new Christmas album for that year.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Great times. I remember going to cut down a tree each year too. My poor kids haven't had that experience yet.

Cute photo, by the way.

The Tanners said...

I love your blog, it helps me to remember too. We did have wonderful times through the years. Lots of fun, spiritual, exciting Christmases. I cherish the memeories. I love you, Mom

The Lehnick Family said...

Hi there Christi...ok it has been years since I have seen you back here in Fresno...I am Brenda Tanner's daughter...Dolly? Anyway...love your blog and seeing your beautiful family...you and Donny look exactly the same! Tell your mom and dad hello for me...You are welcome to visit my blog as well. I now have 3 children and love the world of blogging to keep in touch with everyone.