Saturday, October 30, 2010

The Food Nanny

I was up late last night (with grandbaby) :-), I was watching BYU TV and this great show came on. I have been a Mom for many years with my oldest 25 and making dinner each night can be be a pain. As I watch I realized I had lost sight of what the purpose of dinner was. Liz has such a great attitude and I loved her planning ideas. I used to plan but with so many kids and things to do the plans went out the window years ago. I see that I need to get back to a plan and really make that time a priority for my family!    
http://www.byutv.org/foodnanny/

Go to her great site and make your plan with her great planner


Family dinner is back!




Nothing can replace family dinner. The Food Nanny philosophy is built around the idea that the most important thing you will do each day is cook dinner for your family and sit down together to eat. The smells and chemistry that permeate the home throughout the dinner hour are without substitute. Research has shown that kids who eat dinner with their parents are healthier, more advanced in literacy, and less likely to get involved in drugs and alcohol. You can make a more unified, happier family in just one hour a day.
~

The key to a successful family dinner all comes down to planning. My famous Nanny Plan liberates you from the hassle of last-minute meal planning. Never again will you be faced with inventing a meal at 5pm! Using my Theme Night system each week is the best method for success. Your family will have something to look forward to if you choose consistent weekly themes. My Nanny Plan will also simplify your shopping efforts and reduce trips to the store.
~

The proof is in the pudding. Or in the cinnamon rolls. Or in the pot roast. Whatever foods your family loves, I’ve got the recipes to put smiles on the faces of even the pickiest eaters. My recipes are easy to make and delicious to boot. You’ll get a sampling of them in the online Nanny Plan, but for a complete list of mouthwatering recipes, my book The Food Nanny Rescues Dinner is your best bet.

About The Show

The Food Nanny is a new reality makeover show that takes a disastrous dinner situation and whips it into shape. From innovative tips and tricks on creating engaging conversation and enlisting your kids’ help with meal preparation to advice on refreshing tired meals, The Food Nanny will give you the recipe you need the most—a successful family dinner.

About The Food Nanny

Food Nanny Liz Edmunds wants to help you make over your dinnertime routine! For over 20 years, this vivacious dinner coach, author, and mother of seven has helped bring countless families back to the dinner table, night after night, for delicious meals and memorable conversations.

About The Book

The book that started it all, The Food Nanny Rescues Dinner will introduce you to the wonderful world of Liz. With over 200 delicious budget-friendly recipes, plus instructional pictures and pages of Liz’s expert advice, it’s so much more than just a cookbook. The Food Nanny Rescues Dinner is the next best thing to having Liz in your kitchen!

2 comments:

Grandma Honey said...

I love this show. I've seen every episode and wish they would make some new ones. I've been making dinner for, let's see....36 years...but I still love the motivation Liz gives me. And I'm learning lots. My roasted chicken turned out wonderful, so did the chicken barbecue pizza...and other foods that I can't think of right now :)

nathaniel said...

I have her book and absolutely love it, which is saying a lot because I'm kind of a collector of cookbooks!
I was really impressed with her dinner philosophy and although we have always had family dinners it I recommitted to having them even more often. I also like her appreciation for the quality of dinner--kids are hungry & a good meal is so important!