from mormon mommy blogs
Recently, Sister Julie B. Beck, General Relief Society President, came to speak at my local Stake Center for a fireside. I felt so very blessed to be able to hear her counsel and guidance. Throughout the fireside many questions were asked but one question in particular stood out to me: "How can I do it all? How can I know I am doing enough?"
I was very interested in Sister Beck's answer.
"You will never have enough time, money, or energy to do all the things you would like to do," she stated.
She went on to say that the thing that helped her the most was to prioritize.
Sister Beck divided her life into three categories:
1. Essential Things (things you must do to attain eternal life):
- Pray Daily -- don't wait to pray, because you will never have a convenient moment.
- Scripture Study -- every day spend time in the scriptures.
- Temple Attendance -- whenever you can.
- Regular Church Attendance
- Eating, sleeping, bathing
- Getting an education
- Managing your resources
- Reading, gardening, sewing
- Using the computer
- Watching television or movies
After I left I felt edified and uplifted. So maybe I can't do it all, but I can do as much as I can . . . and you know what?
That's good enough.