Thursday, August 7, 2008

CKU - Provo 2008

I have had the opportunity the last two days to be Teacher's Assistant for Creating Keepsakes University. I have attended two previous CKU's as a student in 2002 and 2006 and this year as a TA in 2008. I helped Lisa Bearnson herself with a class titled You/Me, a great two page layout. It's so fun to be around those so "into" Scrapbooking. I love it!! I made a new friend her name is Gail, she was the other TA. Thank you, I had a great time.

People come from all over the country and world, to enjoy CKU Provo, the birth place of CKU. What wonderful things are happening as people take the time to capture Family History, Photos, Journals etc about many subjects, not only is this amazing work but art as well.

There are so many people (mostly women) who are talented, creative, smart, artistic, letting pure joy go through them onto paper. I love paper. :-)


Lisa & Christi

I have learned to not only scrapbook the happy but the sad, the things you like and the mistakes you have made, the struggles as well as the triumphs. We also need to be in the picture, we are always taking them. Oh I understand "okay, but from here up" and girls we all know what that means.

A picture is a moment in time captured.
Hold on to it and cherish it, they go so quickly.

2 comments:

The Tanners said...

What a fun experience, Christi. I know you love paper because you inherited that one. Paper, paper, paper. Is that a strange kind of illness!! Nice that you were able to do that. Might have been some hard work, but hey, you were in your element. I mean all that paper. LOL Love, Mom

Lisa said...

Gee---it must be genetic :) We LOVE paper!!

How fun that you got to be a TA!