Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Home is … Wearing Aprons in the Kitchen & Baked Beans

This weeks theme is about aprons in the kitchen,


Okay, I love this theme, because I LOVE vintage aprons. I remember my grandmothers always in an apron; they were always in the kitchen. Family gatherings always revolved around great food! I remember my Nana’s amazing baked beans at every holiday and picnic. I would ask her, Nana is there a recipe for your baked beans? She would always say, “oh I throw a little of this in and a little of that in there” Over the years I have worked very hard to make those baked beans. And I have done it!! I can make them just as I remember them, and it is a little bit of this and a little bit of that until there are just right!

Growing up we always had aprons hanging in the kitchen ready for any cooking we would do. My Mom still has a lot of them and some have been past down, I come a long line of amazing cooks. I love that there seems to be a longing look back at life and that there is a new love for cooking, entertaining, and all things vintage. There was a simplicity of life back then, not necessarily easy but simple. Aprons make me happy!! Here are just a few of my yummys!!

Love this one

Ginghams



Sheers - just for fun

Lindsay wanted to model one


Full coverage for the real work

5 comments:

Jocelyn Christensen said...

Oooh, I ADORE aprons! What a great collection!

Debbie said...

Those are so cute. I love vintage aprons too. You have a great collection.

Your recipes in the other post sound delicious. Thanks for sharing!

e-Mom said...

Aren't these cute! With so many women in the workplace, it's a joy to know some do celebrate the domestic arts through apron-wearing.

Nice to meet you! :~D

e-Mom @ Susannah's {Kitchen} Aprons

Sandy said...

OMG so fun, love the variety. And little Lindsey, too, is darling.

Thanks for linking up to RE this week! :)

Denise Clason Studios said...

I'm so amazed at the creative rick rack designs and how they stitched them on. I have a few with unique stitching, they look similar to what you have on your ginghams! I love the prints!