(a little piece of heaven)
Here are some fun food trivia facts about strawberries that you can use as conversation starters..."Did you know that...."
• Strawberries are a member of the rose family (they are not "technically" berries)
• Strawberries are the only fruit with seeds on the outside; an average strawberry has about 200 seeds.
• One acre of land planted with strawberry plants produces about 50,000 pounds of strawberries
• Fresh Strawberries were once used as toothpaste, as the strawberry juice helped in cleansing discolored tooth.
• Supposedly if you break a strawberry into two and share it with some one then you will fall in love with each other
• Strawberries were once avoided by pregnant women because it was believed that their children would be born with strawberry birth marks.
• The ancient Romans believed that strawberries alleviated symptoms of depression, fainting, inflammation, fevers, throat infections, kidney stones, bad breath, gout, and diseases of the blood, liver and spleen.
• Strawberries are rich in fiber. Strawberries are second only to blueberries when it comes to antioxidants in fruits. Strawberries offer more Vitamin C than any other berry.