Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Getting the Bad News on the Boat.

My Dad Ben suffered a stroke Thurs evening on July1st, but I didn't hear about until Friday evening. At that time I was on the lake, Lisa was in Orem, Jared was in Flagstaff camping with his kids and Jason was in Utah, Really none of were where we belonged. And with most of us were traveling, we were in and out of cell range.

So my Dad went into surgery Sunday morning, his carotid artery was 80% block. Dad had a hard time coming out of the anesthesia , he was not able to talk and could not move his right arm. Sandy kept all of us updated on how Dad was doing. After spending 5 days in the ICU, he is home and is making progress, he is talking and can move his arm again. But it will be a long recovery. I felt so helpless being so far away.Thank goodness for great medical care. 

No comments: