Saturday, July 17, 2010

Happy Pink Saturday! – Bubble Yum

Happy Pink Saturday!
Here is a blast from the past. Bubble Yum, The original bubble gum.
Bubble Yum was introduced in 1975 (which would make me 10) by LifeSavers, the pink bubble gum was the first soft bubble gum ever created its no wonder it became so popular. Growing up there was a little store (Zip n Go) down the street from our house. It was a little ways away and we had to cross a pretty busy street to get there. (boy, how times have changed, I wouldn't let my kids go that far away today) Jason (my brother) and I would load up on candy and gum.
.
The greatest thing about Bubble Yum was the huge bubbles you could blow. It was fun until the huge bubble popped and it got all over your face and in your hair. What great memories! 


That's me, I am even wearing pink pants!
~


6 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Pink Saturday!!

Unknown said...

G'eve, Christi ~
What a memory filled write for me ... we loved bubble gum, always trying to outdo one another in bubble making.

What a lovely family you have, & that precious baby ...

Happy PS ~
Have a lovely summer's eve ~
TTFN ~ Marydon

Chatty Crone said...

Oh my goodness Christi - 9 children - 2 SIL's - a hubby - a new grandbaby - and yourself.

You must be living right! You are beautiful - your family is lovely and big!

Thanks for checking out and following my blog. I joined yours so I'll be checking in on you!

And no - you're not going nuts!

sandie

A 2 Z said...

Hi Christi,

Thanks for the visit. Loved your pink post. I used to love bubble gum could not stuff enough in my mouth. Of course we all compared the size of our balloons. Thanks for sharing.

Anne-Marie

Maria@BubblegumandDuctTape said...

Hi Christi, I'm your newest follower. You look so cute in your pink pants. I'm so glad you are feeling better, that's horrible what you went through and to end up in the hospital. Oh my goodness. I'm so glad your feeling better.

Happy Pink Saturday, so glad you joined us.

Alyssa said...

You have a beautiful family. With all my girls, I have 2 son-in-laws also (they are great!). I'm glad you got your two boys (cute twins, no less).
I have to ask you, had you been able to eat pecans throughout your life until now?
Just wondering if something like that could happen to anyone at anytime!?!
Btw, I live in UT county too!