Tuesday, December 21, 2010
Below is a list of ways you can de-stress during this busy time and take a moment for yourself.
1. Do only what you can. While trying to please everyone, you can only get so much done yourself. Share the celebration, the joy and the planning with family and friends.
2. Take care of your body. Lack of sleep and overly exerting yourself can lead to major stress. Making sure to get enough sleep and take care of yourself as it’s especially important during the holidays.
3. Keep it simple. Pre-wrapped chocolate gifts for the hard-to-buy, dessert treats made-in-minutes…. Utilize some of our premium chocolate holiday ideas as a way to maximize your valuable time.
4. Check it off. Make a check list of what needs to be done. Set priorities of what needs to be accomplished along with a reasonable timeline. This could include menu planning, gift selection, shopping, baking and cooking. Once it is on paper, it can be easier to keep track and get it accomplished.
5. Adhere to a budget. Take a close look at your current financial situation and create a holiday spending budget. This will help alleviate money stresses and prevent from overspending. This is one of the most common sources of stress during the holidays.
6. Ask. Don’t feel bad asking people what they want for Christmas. Surprises are great but asking others can make shopping less stressful and fun when you know they’re getting something they really want.
7. Plan some fun. Schedule a girls (or guys) night out right after the holidays. This gives you something to look forward to once the holiday madness is over with.
8. Enjoy the season. There is so much more to the holidays than entertaining and shopping. Rent a couple of Christmas classic movies, listen to some of your favorite Christmas tunes and consider taking a drive with your significant other to see the lights and decorations around town.
9. Have a potluck. Instead of having to cook for hours on end, make one of your gatherings into a potluck where everyone can bring one item.
10. Enjoy “me time”. Sit down, put your feet up and relax. Indulge yourself with a smooth-melting Lindor truffle. Take the time out after a busy day to silently unwind and pat yourself on the back for all of your hard work!